Friday, June 09, 2006

Whirling Dervish
Ok, Fatty is gonna try this...it won't be easy because I'm very resistant to any kind of higher power right now, but let's give it a whirl:

Prayer for Acceptance of My Body

Dear God:

Help me to love my body. I have been given one and only one unique body. Help me to love all of my parts -- my hands, my thighs, my buttocks, my breasts, my nose, my feet. Help me to accept that you created me, therefore, you know better than I what size, what shape, what height I am supposed to be. Show me the way give up competition within myself and with others. Help me replace strenuous exercise and inactivity with nurturing movement. Help me listen to and respond to my body's needs as they change on a daily basis. Help me nurture my body with food that helps me get in touch with the spirit within, and let go of those substances that block my spirit. Lead me to an appreciation of the many changes my physical being undergoes as the years pass and I grow older. Help me to honor and accept the changes which manifest physically rather than fighting them. Bless my body, fill it with your light and use it for your purposes today.

My Body Affirmation

My body is a good place to live. I am glad that I have chosen this particular body because it is right for me. It is the right size and shape and color. It serves me well. My body is a miracle. I choose the healing thoughts that create and maintain my healthy body and make me feel good. I love and appreciate my body.

No comments: