Tuesday, June 13, 2006

427 pounds = 193.683942 kilograms


This morning began early for ol'Fatty. I had to get up and go to the doctor for a follow up and to get some paperwork signed. The assistant asked me, "Do you want to get weighed?" I said, "Yep, let's do it." She took me to the "big scale" which is for very big people. It is a hydraulic type contraption that with the press of a button comes careening out from the wall. There it was...the truth teller...the big scale...the big bertha of scales.

I weighed in at 427.5. I wasn't surprised at all. I knew that was around the amount I weighed and I knew that it was increasingly difficult for me to get around. The saving grace is that I started a food plan today which gives me hope.

Here are some things that weight 427 lbs. in addition to myself:



No embarrassment at the doctor except that she is stingy with the time-off she will give me....but I took what I could get.

I was so emotionally hung over this morning after last night's debaucle with the Hun and Nebbish clan so I felt spent. Next, I had to go to DMV to get my driver's license renewed. Every 10 years, you have to get a new photo and a vision test. I decided that I wanted to be exact on this license. The man behind the counter asked me if I wanted to keep the weight at 130. I thought to myself, "Are ya crazy man?" I said nope, put me down at 427. I'm goin for honesty here. Now over to the camera for the beautiful photo. But first....

Teenagers

There were alot of teenagers in the line to get photos since they are just getting their first licenses. I actually heard one girl say to the other, "I'm so glad I made it to 17 without getting pregnant." I thought to myself, "There's a goal to be proud that you've accomplished."

It wouldn't be very responsible of me if I didn't include a link to an article about Teen Pregnancy so here you go: Check it out at Teen People.

All in all, it was an exhausting morning filled with honesty and exposure. I can't wait for my appointment at the dermatologist later this month where he will examine my skin from head to toe to see if I have skin cancer...that should be a real doozer...


As always,
Roger that!

Fatty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honesty and exposure indeed... seems like it went pretty well too!