Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Brick

One of our friends sent this to me and I think it is worth posting, Enjoy!

THE BRICK

A young and successful executive was traveling down a
neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new
Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from
between parked cars and slowed down
when he thought he saw something. As his car passed,
no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into
the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and
backed the Jag back to the spot where the brick had
been thrown The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid
and pushed him up against the parked car shouting, "What was that all about and
who are you? Just what the heck are you doing? That's
a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a
lot of money. Why did you do it?" The young boy was
apologetic. "Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but I
didn't know what else to do," He pleaded. "I threw the
brick because no one else would stop...." With tears
dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth
pointed to a spot just around a parked car. "It's my
brother, "he said "He rolled off the curb and fell out
of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up."

Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive,
"Would you please help me get him back into his
wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."

Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the
rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly
lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair,
then took out a linen handkerchief and dabbed at the
fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him
everything was going to be okay. "Thank you and may
God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger.
Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the
boy! push his wheelchair-bound brother down the
sidewalk toward their home.

It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The
damage was very noticeable, but the driver never
bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the
dent there to remind him of this message: "Don't go
through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick
at you to get your attention!" God whispers in our
souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we
don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at
us. It's our choice to listen or not.

Thought for the Day:
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on
it.
If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.
He sends you flowers every spring.
He sends you a sunrise every morning Face it, friend -
He is crazy about you!

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without
sorrow,sun without rain, but He did promise strength
for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the
way.

Read this line very slowly and let it sink in....


If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

_______

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind
and those who mind don't matter"
-Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

CP said...

I love the Dr. Seuss line.

I think I will adopt that as my new philosophy.

Oh, who am I kidding. I live it.

CP.

Ms. M said...

Great message in that! CP's right, I live it too. "I'm a shoot from the hip" kind of gal!